Google
 

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

JUANITA BYNUM SPEAKS FOR THE FIRST TIME ON HUSBAND'S ATTACK-Pop Flavor



Evangelist Juanita Bynum spoke publicly to reporters for the first time about her alleged attack by her husband Bishop Weeks on tuesday evening.

I did not prepare a written statement because I felt like whatever I said today I wanted it to come from my heart.This is such a difficult moment for me because this is my first time speaking out publicly about what I've been through, but I just wanted to first go on record to say that I forgive my husband and I wish him all the best.---Bynum


Juanita's husband Bishop Thomas Weeks was accused of choking and stomping his estranged wife Juanita Bynum just last month,less than two weeks ago. The altercation which took place in an Atlanta parking lot landed the two church figures in the news,more than their million-dollar wedding did. Juanita and husband Bishop Weeks who are Co-founders of Global Destiny church,have been married since 2002.

I got a lot of phone calls wishing me well and people were saying they were praying for me and I think at that point I began to feel weak and helpless and I came out today because I made a decision to choose my position and I don't want to be seen as a damsel in distress or the victim--Bynum


Bynum says that she is now the new face of domestic viloence,an advocate,if you will,against domestic violence. Juanita says that she is the speaker for the "jaquita's and urban people" of America;she refuses to treat the attack as an "isolated incident." To check out her interview with a local Atlanta television station,head over to 11alive.com

To read more on this case,head over to AJC

Thomas Weeks, meanwhile, faces charges of aggravated assault and making terroristic threats. He is currently freed on bail.

1 comment:

coloredgirlswhohaveconsidered said...

PPPLease!!!
If she didn't plan this publicity to get her on the A list map. Oral Roberts ain't Christian. She planned, played and pimped everyone..

HomePage

BookMark This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button