Google
 

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ALICIA KEYS IN FLARE MAGAZINE


A.Keys is gracing the cover of yet another magazine;this magazine comes by way of Canada. Read excerpts from the interview below:
VIA FADED YOUTH BLOG:
A.Keys on her high level of success: “I have plenty more to go. I’ve definitely reached a certain height I’ve never had before. But there’s definitely a lot more to do.”

A. Keys on playing up her glamorous side: “I’m a lot more open to it now than before. Before, I was so much more closed. I wasn’t comfortable in my own skin. I felt like everyone was out to change me, and I was so resentful and rebelious of that. I’m still being myself, but now, I’m more open to exploring different sides of me.”

A.Keys on her 2002 trip to Africa: “I went to Africa for a concert that was about raising AIDS awareness. While there, I was able to really see firsthand what people were going through. People who were not only infected but affected by AIDS. Especially when I met people my age or younger who were really trying to figure it all out. On top of maybe having lost both parents and havnig to raise their younger siblings, they’re still at school and need to also deal with regular things: what happens when I have a boyfriend? What are my dream?”

SEE MORE PICTURES AT THE FADED YOUTH BLOG

HomePage

BookMark This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button