Google
 

Friday, October 12, 2007

USHER AND TAMEKA ESSENCE INTERVIEW



Usher and Tameka are in love. Well, that is what they say in their interview with Essence magazine. Read some excerpts of the article below.
Usher on how the media and bloggers reacted negatively to the news of his engagement to Tameka Foster:“It was like, wow. (Getting married) and having a child is something that everyone should celebrate. What’s happened to us as a culture and a people? I’m not ignorant, so I’m not going to go out there and lash out….”

Usher on how he and Tameka have stayed strong:
“Ours is not a typical love story, but it is a true one. Tameka and I have been fortunate enough to go through the thick of it in the beginning. We’ve had that opportunity to huddle up as a team, to make sure that we’re clear and speak as one voice.”

Tameka on when she knew to trust her instincts, instead of her girlfriends, about starting a relationship with her future husband:
“Thank God I didn’t listen to my girlfriends…. Usher was my road dawg. I’d seen him love, and I’d watched him date women who were not worthy of him. He was so sweet, going out of his way to cater to their every need. And I’d see them not even be grateful.”

Usher on what he’s learned about becoming a father:
“Tameka’s given me one of the greatest gifts I’ll ever have. With a child, now I have purpose. I understand love.”

Tameka on falling for her husband:“I feel totally uninhibited with Usher. I’ve never been in a situation with anyone, even as far back as high school, where there were no secrets. I know I can tell him anything and he’s not going to judge me. I can finally share my dreams. And because of that, I know that man loves me.”

SOURCE

HomePage

BookMark This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button